December 23, 2008

Shopping

In an effort to be prepared for Christmas I went shopping today. I think a lot of the shops will be closed tomorrow, and of course they all will be closed on Christmas day. In Germany, all the shops are closed on Sundays, too, so we get used to buying enough to last. My first stop was Vitalia, which is the place that sells GF crackers. They didn't have any, so I bought pretzels instead.
Then I headed back towards home, and stopped at Hertie. There, I bought kartoffelen (potatoes, so we can have mashed potatoes), Merz Ora-Nekt (Apple/Orange/Nectarine juice), Tortillas (actually, chips), Eier (eggs, 6, brown, non-refrigerated), Hackfleisch (ground beef/pork mix), Pikante Kraeuter (cheese spread for the crackers I didn't find), and Orangensaft (OJ). It cost 12.13 Euros for these. Then I took it all home, dropped it off on the counter, and headed out again, this time to Tengelmann. There I got Bio Piccolin (mini Tomato Mozzarella pizza bagel things), H-Milch (almost nonfat milk, also not refrigerated), Broccoli, Zucchini, and, the most important part of the Christmas meal: Schmorbra! Hopefully that translates to a roast beef. (16.21 Euros)

No comments: