April 5, 2009

Munich, again

By the way, I'm back in Munich again. I arrived late on Friday afternoon, without my luggage. I left Portland last Sunday, and stopped in Orange County for a few days to see my parents and Rob's parents. Then on Thursday I got back on the plane, to fly to San Francisco. Unfortunately, the plane departed almost 2 hours late. So I had only 15 minutes in SF to get from one gate to the other. Unfortunately, to complicate things, I accidentally left the secure area, so I had to go back thru the screening. I ran the whole way. I made my plane with about 2 minutes to spare. My seatmate was nice, she slept the whole way, because she was going to a Salsa dancing convention. So that was okay until 3 hours into the flight when I began losing my field of vision, and ultimately passed out. I came too, and began blacking out again. I tried to put my head between my knees, but there was no room with the seat in front of me. I knew I should call for help, but couldn't figure out how to with no vision, and I couldn't sit up straight enough to reach for the call button without blacking out again. My in and out of consciousness lasted for about 30 minutes, and things gradually improved. Needless to say, I was pretty spooked by the whole experience, and I have no idea why it happened. I was hydrated and nourished and fairly well rested. I hope it never happens again!

1 comment:

Meg said...

woah! ma! scary! i'm going to think about this. i'm glad you're ok!