April 14, 2010

Tagine

Even before we went to Morocco Rob has been fascinated with Tajine. It's a dish and also a dish. Meaning, it's the name of a kind of food, and it is also the dish it's cooked in. We ate tajines in Morocco several times, almost always chicken. So for a realllllllly early Father's Day gift I bought him a tajine. It arrived this morning (TZZZZZZZZZT!!!!!! that's the sound of the door buzzer, loud and surprising and usually causing me to jump about a foot into the air) and I happily unpacked it and then wondered, will this tajine, which is larger than I thought it would be, fit into our tiny oven? The answer is, just barely.

1 comment:

Amari said...

I like this. I love new things and my husband is always playing around with new gadgets in the kitchen. Thanks for the info. Now, my research on the tagine begins!