July 31, 2008

I might as well have had toilet paper on my foot

I thought I had it all together today. Put on my brand new brown tank top, which matches my brown plaid shorts perfectly. Pored over the maps of Munich and figured out where I would bike. Packed up. Took off. Got to my destination, the Viktuelmarkt. A woman passed by me on her bike, and said some sort of something to me, and it dawned on me. The huge, bright red, 3" square price tag was hanging off the back of my shirt. Dang. I thought I had it together! The good news tho, I found the markt, bought a Fuji apple and gobbled it down, got a few apricots for later, went into the quilt shop and got a sewing machine needle. Also, while in the quilt shop, I asked to borrow a pair of scissors to cut off my tag. And I only had to consult the map once when I was ready to go home. All in all, pretty good. Now I'll stay here and hide my embarrassment and enjoy the not so cool (but cooler than outside) apartment. All the shades are drawn, windows shut. May be time for a nap or a good book! Also, I must say, I had a great time talking to my friend Debbie last night! Maybe I'll think of who I shall skype next.

No comments: