August 3, 2008

Games Night

So, maybe you thought that by moving to Munich we would not get to celebrate the first Saturday of the month as Games Night. Wrong! There's a website I use, um, Toy Town Germany (Germany's English Speaking Website). I posted a topic about games, specifically, Settlers and Carcasonne. A lot of people were interested, so I said the first 6 to sign up were welcome to come. I thought, wow, we can meet some Americans who live in Munich! Well, 6 people signed up, and they all came. We had John (from Northern Ireland) and Janine (from Hamburg) (She was with John, and she could speak English well, so that was ok), Leon (from England), Savio (from India), Jayanti (from Canada), and Ema (from Bosnia with some time spent in Ireland). It was really cool. We played Doodle Dice first, then ate spaghetti and whatever everyone else contributed (lots of wine and beer, Janine's chocolate mousse, and Ema's cracker selection), then half of us played Settlers (I didn't win. Leon did) and the other half played Carcassone (Rob didn't win (or whine), Ema did). While we waited for the carcasonne game to end I introduced my table to Blokus. Then we finished off the night with all of us (except Savio, cuz he had to work the next morning) playing Cranium. The girls won in spite of my inability to act out "taste test" or to describe aromatherapy using only words that began with "s." Rob had to hold Leon's hand to draw a broken heart (personal bubble meets total stranger here!). Everyone left around midnight (0:15), and then Rob and I crept around trying to do some basic straightening up without keeping our downstairs neighbors awake any longer. I think we used every plate, bowl, cup, mug, glass, fork and spoon in the apartment, so we've got lots of clean up today. We all liked each other and agreed to meet...the first Saturday in September, at John and Janine's (say it like Yanine, cuz she's German). Aww. Happiness!

No comments: