August 9, 2008

Olympics

This is what the Olympic coverage sounds like to me: blah blah blah blah oh! blah blah blah twenty five blah blah. blah blah cat blah blah blah.


Today Rob left for Colorado. So I did what I do best: I went shopping. Actually, I wanted to explore the two malls in Munich that I haven't seen yet. I went to one in Neuperlach. I found a big toy store with tons of games. And then I finally found it...a store that is almost like Fred Meyer. Lots of selection of foods. And other things. Hooray! At the toy store I got a puzzle, because that's a good thing to keep me busy while I watch the Olympics and Rob is gone. Here is what the puzzle looks like now. It has 2000 pieces. I saw the cats in the picture at a store called Kaufhof. They were made of china and quite expensive. I think that's why I chose this puzzle though. It looked familiar.
And for dinner tonight. Stew. Note number one: potatoes that have been stored in the fridge for several weeks can probably be used to play raquetball. Note number two: Celery comes with slugs. That's right. I was rinsing off my celery and there it was. In my sink. A slug. EWWWWW. So I picked him up with a big paper towel and threw him in the trash. Then I hurried and finished cutting up my vegetables to that I could take him and the trash out. By the way, to take my trash out I have to bring my key. To open the door to the trash bins, to open the door to my building, and to open the door to my apartment. Cool thing: we have a buzzer, so when friends come they can ring the buzzer, and then I can push the button and it opens the downstairs door for them. Uncool thing: Newspaper delivery people randomly push buzzer buttons until someone opens the door for them. Annoying!

No comments: